• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Realistically, what are you getting with battery time?

I have TP2 battery it has been way better than stock, almost like something was wrong with stock

currently i am at

126 hours up time (off charger)
5 hours and 15 min awake time
battery at 24%

bluetooth, wifi, gps are off

mobile network, weather sync (3 hour refresh), google sync and facebook sync are on (fb sync is 8 hours)

woah! 126 hours??! :eek:

Upvote 0
I have TP2 battery it has been way better than stock, almost like something was wrong with stock

currently i am at

126 hours up time (off charger)
5 hours and 15 min awake time
battery at 24%

bluetooth, wifi, gps are off

mobile network, weather sync (3 hour refresh), google sync and facebook sync are on (fb sync is 8 hours)

So why did you buy a phone? 4% awake time holy cow do you even touch it? I was ready to call shenanigans but I guess that proves the standby times are accurate eh?

Upvote 0
I really couldn't care less if you believe me or not.

Why is it always that when someone reports a good experience with the battery nobody believes him ?

You asked what my "realistic" use time is and i gave you an answer.

My battery sucked in the beginning, i maybe had 7-10h use. I disabled the flickr sync, set twitter to 4h, facebook to 8h and weather to 4h. I do not use internet radio, MP3 or other streaming services.
I get 30-35h out of it now.

Ah, paperweight mode. Very good Sir.

Reactions: Steel36
Upvote 0
Just get the Seido 1750 and pretend that this battery is what came stock, and there will be no more need for these post. There is a link in the accessories forum that gives a 20% discount. I got mine within 5 days free shipping.

I have literally cycled battery 1 day and I had to play Gamboid last night to officially get the battery below 15%. I am a fairly heavy user.

Current up time 3:24
awake time 37:02
@ 90%

Use was primarily web surfing and playing word-wise.

Upvote 0
So why did you buy a phone? 4% awake time holy cow do you even touch it? I was ready to call shenanigans but I guess that proves the standby times are accurate eh?

haha most of the day i am at work, then come home and head to the gym then eat. After all of this i am not left with much time but i do use it a lot more on the weekends, i hardlly put it down

on the weekends with moderate to heavy use i usually get about 2 days

dont get me wrong i do use the phone as a smartphone and do emails, browsing, apps and games i guess just not as much as you guys lol

Also, i got over 200 hours with the Mobile Network off and used the phone only for texting and calling i was camping and had no charger i was very impressed with that!

Upvote 0
So you have disabled any feature set of a "smart phone" and are using it like a flip phone.

That's great you get 35 hrs of battery life, but with even moderate usage (I'd call your usage almost nil) the battery life is Incredibly bad. Just have found I have to charge it often. Considering an additional btty. I don't like getting stuck with no juice and no charger.

Upvote 0
Don't take this the wrong way but...

Why the F*ck do you have a smart phone? ESPECIALLY with Sense UI, which is a very social and always connected kind of a system? o_O

I'm not the person you are asking, but I will say that I don't plan to utilize many (if any) of the social networking tools that the Incredible/Android/Sense have. I want/need a smart phone for the many other tools it provides, many of which relate to business. Not everyone is looking to keep 24/7 tabs on everyone they've ever come across in their life. The Incredible is one of the best smart phones available and it does cater to many social apps, but that doesn't mean you are wasting the phone if you don't want to take advantage of that aspect of the UI/OS. There are lots of features for the average adult as well.

Reactions: AllezDada
Upvote 0
I am hoping this makes sense to at least one of you since I've posted about this issue and nobody seems to know what the problem is.

Every now and then my phone will stop charging and give me a message about the power adapter I've plugged in not being compatible, and to unplug it before I damage the phone. Although it charges fine on my Verizon car charger.

Now, I had Power Manager installed as well as Battery Left. I uninstalled Power Manager and was still getting the problem. I then uninstalled Battery Left and it didn't seem to happen. A couple hours later, I installed another battery monitoring widget and then it started happening again. I now have it charging on AC power with no battery monitoring or power monitoring apps installed and it seems to be ok... but has anybody else run into this issue? Could it just be an app problem or does it sound like an issue with the battery/charger port? At this point I really don't expect anyone to know or even have an answer for me, but for my own peace of mind I figured I'd give it one more shot at asking before I just assume it was the battery monitor.

I also have 2 extended life batteries on the way, 1750 and 3500 mAh. Think either of those will make a difference?

Thanks in advance, and I swear this is the last time I'll post about it :D

EDIT: Of course, 2 seconds after I post this. I've had the stock battery monitor open for a few minutes, and once I posted this, I saw it switch between Charging (AC) to Not Charging back to Charging (USB) back to Not Charging and then back to Charging (USB). This is starting to irk me to no end. I seriously hope this is not a phone issue. I've also tried using the USB to AC adapter that came my Eris instead of the one that came with the Incredible and that's doing the same thing. The only thing that confuses me... why does it work fine on my car charger and not my wall charger? ARGGGG!!!

Upvote 0
So I saw on this forum to turn mobile data off when not in use and I thought I'd try it on my Incredible using a TP2 1500 mAh battery. Thought I'd just use it as a phone for a while.

I believe realistically, with this usage pattern, I can achieve these types of numbers on the regular! I was getting about 3/4 the up time and about 1/2 the awake time with Mobile data left on.

Took the battery off the desktop charger yesterday and installed it into Inc. Here's what I got (MOBILE DATA OFF):

Up time: 33:23:40
Awake time: 12:35:06

1d 9h 23m 22s since unplugged

Cell standby: 32%
Phone idle: 29%
Android System: 16%
Voice Calls: 9%
Wi-Fi: 5%
Display: 5%
Dialer: 2%
Mediaserver: 2% (what is that BTW??)

It's been unplugged since yesterday at 8am - it's got 5% battery left now. Time is now 3:55pm (the next day). Moderate usage (for me at least). :)

Also, it would seem that wi-fi is best when you need data and just turn off mobile data when you reach a hotspot. My figures show about 2 hours worth of partial wake state (music/background video play/very little Pandora over wi-fi).

Any questions -- shoot me a PM. :D

Thanks!
-Elo

Upvote 0
28% at 9h 16m.
Awake Time: 3h 13m.

Android System 44%
Cell standby 24%
Phone idle 16%
Display 13%
Bluetooth 3%

On a scale of 1 to 5, light to heavy, I would consider today a 4. Lots of app installing, uninstalling, reorganizing, texting, some youtube action and web browsing. To me, a 5 would be hours of gaming or streaming video.

Upvote 0
There's a battery life thread for all this already. Anyway I'm at 4 hrs since unplugged and 81% of battery remaining, it'll go another 15 - 20 hours. I only use it lightly, a few texts a day, calendar, and checking email.

I used to only get 6 hours / day until I set always on mobile network to off, because I have 50-75% time without signal.

Upvote 0
I have a 1500mAh battery from an Imagio and will get about 26 hours out of it with wifi on all the time and moderate to heavy use at times. Exchange email running as items arrive, RSS feed updating every 30 minutes, Friendstream running every 30 minutes, blah, blah, blah.

I charge it all night (from about 11pm to 6am), leave it plugged up but power the device off, it charges for another 30 to 45 minutes. Take it off charger and I am good to go for 26 or so hours. Please note that I charge it most every night even though I still have 40% or so battery left... there are days (usually the weekend) that I do not charge it over night, so the 26 hour number is pretty realistic for me.

For what it is worth, I got almost 36 hours out of it one weekend...

Where did you get the Imagio battery? How much and was it brand new?

I am using a 3rd party (Cameron Sino) battery that's rated 1600 mAh. I get maybe 8 hours out of it with light to moderate use (and that's better than the stock battery).

I don't have all the antennas on and no media playing. I have most of the live update stuff either turned off or updating at the longest possible interval.

My battery life might be due to some widgets but I can't tell which widget is the culprit. Wish there was a tool instead of me testing out each widget individually.

Upvote 0
Either the power management is horrible on a select BATCH of DIs or a BATCH of stock batteries aren't coming close to 1300 mAh - more like 800 mAh.

I'm sure there's a "yield" with batteries as there is with CPUs: manufacturers might be stamping on an average or expected rating while individual units might not be achieving consistent ACTUAL power capacity.

I could be wrong.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones