1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Really annoying sms bug!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by znerk, Feb 6, 2011.

1. znerk

znerk Newbie

Hi there guys ! I just switched over to the dark side(from iphone to HTC) and I love it!

But I have one REALLY annoying thing!

I try to explain it:

When I recive a SMS I unlock my phone to read it, and then I answer it..

I then go back and lock my phone, but STILL my phone is blinking.. I check the status bar and there is STILL a unread SMS there... It's sooo annoying!

Anyone can help me this?

I use NO sms app, I use ex launcher, but have heard people have experienced the same with normal HTC sense..

Hoping for help :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RussWWFC

RussWWFC Android Enthusiast

I find it annoying too, you have to read the message AND clear the notification in my experience, will consider getting a seperate app if that helps

3. znerk

znerk Newbie

You experience this too? I heard it was a 2.2.1 bug or something,but I am on 2.2

Anyone have any rumors of when HTC is releasing the update again? :thinking:

4. znerk

znerk Newbie

Think it will help with handcent SMS, but I find the original one much better... Thats just my opininon tho ;)

5. big_mike

big_mike Android Enthusiast

This another bug from the update. Should get sorted for the next update.

6. znerk

znerk Newbie

But I do not have the 2.2.1, I have the 2.2...... Any rumors on the new update???

7. RussWWFC

RussWWFC Android Enthusiast

Too many bugs IMHO, do they not test it, it's simple things. I'd be more than willing to be a beta tester for Honeycomb :)

8. znerk

znerk Newbie

ye this sms bug is just silly... Really makes me furious! Anyone found a "solution" on how you can open the text so it gets marked as read?

When will the 2.3 be out? Wasn't it suposed to be out like in Q1 2011?

9. znerk

znerk Newbie

10. kingdave

kingdave Android Enthusiast

I've just received an email from HTC saying that an update will be released in Q2.

I've replied asking them to be more specific as Q2 stretches from April to end of June so we'll see what they come back with.

11. Gardium

Gardium Well-Known Member

HTC pulled the update back again after they discovered a bug. They have per now said they will not relaunch it OTA, and we who still run stock (meaning Froyo 2.2) still have the wait for the 2.3 Gingerbread OTA :(

12. znerk

znerk Newbie

Q2? That's like ages :eek:

13. El Kroket

El Kroket Well-Known Member

@Znerk Is this always happening or not? Because I've noticed this a few times but only when i started reading the message while the notification tone was still playing... So now now I just wait for the notification to finish and it never happens any more.

cheers

14. znerk

znerk Newbie

I'm so fast so this might be a resolution, I try it out! Thanks !:)

15. znerk

znerk Newbie

It did not help, just recived a couple of texts and they all had the same shit :/

Had to drag down status bar and remove... :mad:

16. El Kroket

El Kroket Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that...

17. znerk

znerk Newbie

18. ventovr6

ventovr6 Newbie

I can live with the problem u guys have my phone deleted all my texts today when I opened the message folder .

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews