• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Really cannot control my phone

hnd03

Lurker
Dec 22, 2011
So my phone got a little bit wet and it's basically freaking out. The home button thinks it's the camera button, the search button brings up the recently used apps screen, but the menu button and back button work as intended. To add to that, tapping a spot on the screen may or may not register that spot and instead treat it as if I pressed something else on the screen.

I did let my phone, battery, and back cover dry out for an hour or so, if that helps.

I'm at a loss for what I can do besides getting a replacement.

So my phone got a little bit wet and it's basically freaking out. The home button thinks it's the camera button, the search button brings up the recently used apps screen, but the menu button and back button work as intended. To add to that, tapping a spot on the screen may or may not register that spot and instead treat it as if I pressed something else on the screen.

I did let my phone, battery, and back cover dry out for an hour or so, if that helps.

I'm at a loss for what I can do besides getting a replacement.

You can try to do whats called a soft reset as well. A soft reset is were you have the battery out and you hold the power button for about 5-10 sec. If that doesnt work take it to a Sprint store and see if they can do a factory reset

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones