1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

REALLY need an app ASAp

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by skunk, Aug 18, 2012.

1. skunk

skunk Newbie

I've been searching and searching but no luck, I need an app that magnifys the screen like in previous versions of andriod (on motorola atleast) they have an app built in, settings/accessability/zoom mode, which they did away with in 4.0.4 alltogether.

for those of you not farmiliar with this app, when activated, it creates a 1.5"x1.5" box that serves as an onscreen magnifyer that you move around with your finger to magnify anything on any screen/app.

I'm legally blind and without this app, the phones are useless. most phones are being updated to 4.0.4 in the coming months, as soon as that happens I'm screwed!

Even if someone could walk me through developing such an app would be great. I tried taking it off my old droid X (the .apk file) and tried to install it on my nexus, but didnt work, infact none of the samsungs I looked at (even with earlier versions of andriod) didnt have it, just motorola. I opened the app up and it had motorola written all over inside the script.

It seems to be a simple app but cant find anything like it anywhere, I've called samsung, motorola, verizon, and tried google (but no phone support available)

Any help would be greatly appreciated before I launch these damn phones through verizons showroom!

Thanks,
    Chris

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Polish Prince

Polish Prince Newbie

3. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

Check out EasyViewer LARGE FONT & KEYPAD. Includes an oversize launcher too.

4. skunk

skunk Newbie

Thanks for the replies, I've looked into quite a few apps that have "large fonts" but it just pertains to system apps/menus and such, I have ultra keyboard which I customized to my needs, I really need something to blow everything up like what I explained. I just want to be able to use my phone like I did before and like everyone else. Before I lost most of my vision I was into motorsports and hardcore offroading, which I'm trying to relearn with my visual issues. I use Trimble outdoors, a GPS offroad based app, so when I'm puttin around on my quad in the woods, I dont get lost, lol. Anyway, yeah, that magnifyer I have is the reason I got into smartphones in the first place back in '10.

I'm just wondering if I can take what I have (the old .apk file for it) and modify it to adapt to my new phone, I'd have to create an icon for it as it was a system option, but it did have an icon in task killer, so IDK... I have SDK toolkit but not really versed on using it to creat or mod an app. so I guess this is going into dev territory.

Why do they have to mess with something so perfect from day one.... for me atleast.

oh well, thanks again.