1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Really need feedback about this issue I have with googleplay policies

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PixelPower, Jun 24, 2013.

1. PixelPower

PixelPower Member

Ok Iam an android developer I made some apps myself. But I noticed on alot of forums people wanted apps of famous games that hadnt come out yet, but they wanted
    1) Screenshots they can set as wallpapers
    2) Video feeds of the latest video of the Video Game they loved
    3) An ebook or wiki they could read offline about thier favorite game.

The Problem:

I made those types of apps and googleplay said it was copywrite infringment. I dont understand how that could be when for example

1) I take a wikipedia page convert it into an ebook so you can read offline. Wikipedia is free and so is my app ,so whats the problem??

2) I made a youtube feed weblink so you dont have to search for the latest video's of what you like just click and boom your there. Youtube is free and so is my app, again what is the problem?

3) I convert HD photos and screenshot to a format that will fit to your phones resolution. So you can take your favorite screenshot and set it as a wallpaper. The photo's are public domain, so why is that infrinement?

My website is here so you can tell what I mean. Any feedback would be soo helpful so please post away.I really need to know what the hell.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Most things that you think are free, are free as in speech and not free as in beer.

Wikipedia is donation supported. It doesn't get to be diluted by scraping apps without permission.

YouTube is covered by US law and terms of service that you agree to when using. It's not free, it's ad supported and is a part of Google's business model for getting and maintaining internet users.

As for things in the public domain - be sure about that.

Screenshots from apps are bits of the intellectual property of their developers. They are by no means in the public domain.

You may want to review as much US copyright law as possible, maybe even retain an attorney. No offense, but it sounds like you're taking terms and laws to be what you imagine they ought to be rather than what they simply are.

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Btw, your site has security certificate issues, your link has been removed.

Regarding the claim that the site has no issues -

Attached Files: