• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Really need help!

Miwena

Lurker
Jan 25, 2011
Hi! I wanted to ask a technical question about rooting, since I have no idea how to find an answer!

I'm about to buy a Blueberry Net Cat M-12 tablet which is actually a rebranded version of the Chinese tablet Cube U30gt. They are the complete same version when it comes to hardware, just a different software (same jelly bean version, but each have its on bloatware). My question is, since there are so many threads for ROMs and rooting of the Cube version, will it work on its Blueberry sibling? There are no threads on how to root (just one, but it doesn't feel complete), and there are no custom roms for the Blueberry! So, can I just root it and install Cube's ROM on top? Will it work?

I'm so sorry to bother you, but I've got no one other to ask. Thank you for understanding. :)

Hi! I wanted to ask a technical question about rooting, since I have no idea how to find an answer!

I'm about to buy a Blueberry Net Cat M-12 tablet which is actually a rebranded version of the Chinese tablet Cube U30gt. They are the complete same version when it comes to hardware, just a different software (same jelly bean version, but each have its on bloatware). My question is, since there are so many threads for ROMs and rooting of the Cube version, will it work on its Blueberry sibling? There are no threads on how to root (just one, but it doesn't feel complete), and there are no custom roms for the Blueberry! So, can I just root it and install Cube's ROM on top? Will it work?

I'm so sorry to bother you, but I've got no one other to ask. Thank you for understanding. :)

Are you absolutely certain that they are the same device, from the same manufacturer? Because there's like hundreds of these devices coming from hundreds of anonymous Shenzhen manufacturers. While some tablets may appear to be identical, there maybe different parts and modules used, like touch screens and WiFi components. And so if you do use a ROM from one Chinese tablet in another one, you might find that the touch screen or the WiFi doesn't work or it becomes bricked, etc.

Blueberry is just a Hong Kong trading company, do you know for sure who' s actually manufacturing their tablets? Is it really a re-branded Cube? And who's actually manufacturing the Cube devices?

Upvote 0
Thanks for your answers!
mikedt, I don't know.. So, I guess that I can't use Cube's roms.. I've been told at my local shop that Blueberry is in fact rebranded Cube, and that Blueberry just made its own ROM and put a logo on the back, so that they could sell it in our country. But, I don't know if every single component is made by the same manufacturer, I can never be sure. :\
Thank you for clearing that out! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones