• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Really nice new ICS browser: Browser+

After the update that changed the name to "ICS Browser +" in the app drawer, I've had it crash several times. Mostly it'll be running in the background (no idea why since I never launched it between reboots) and I'll be doing something else and get a "ICS Browser + has stopped working" notice. Hopefully that'll stop.

Also, I preferred when it was referred to as Browser + in the app drawer. That put it on the first page of apps and right next to the original browser. I found that more convenient.

Upvote 0
The one thing I wish the browser had was a speed dial page. Opera Mini has it, but the Android browser is FAR superior.

For example, when I open chrome on my desktop, my first page lists my favorite websites. Here is a screenshot...
speeddialm.png

Note: I setup the links on the speed dial. By default, I think Chrome shows recently visited sites, but the speed dial allows you to set static links.

Reactions: alostpacket
Upvote 0
If I had to make a wishlist... I'd like to see zoom buttons (I hate having to use two hands to zoom) or even have it on the options rosette thingy, and a way for the app to exit and genuinely kill itself (along with possibly deleting cache and history).

But that might be beyond the intentions of this browser.

Really if I had my wish I'd like to see a full resurrection of the long press options rosette that the original Dolphin used. That was a brilliant idea. I'm sad to see that browser doesn't work on ICS.

Upvote 0
The one thing I wish the browser had was a speed dial page. Opera Mini has it, but the Android browser is FAR superior.

For example, when I open chrome on my desktop, my first page lists my favorite websites. Here is a screenshot...
speeddialm.png

Note: I setup the links on the speed dial. By default, I think Chrome shows recently visited sites, but the speed dial allows you to set static links.

Necessary in every browser. Dolphin HD had that feature also.

Upvote 0
If it is true that the free and donation versions are the same, then I have no problem with that. In fact, if they decide to ultimately create two distinct versions, with a pay version with more features, I am OK with that as well. As long as the early adopters who got the free version don't have any features taken away, and stay on the same upgrade path.

Most apps give this benefit to early adopters, even if making new users pay for the full version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones