• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Really slow download speeds

Android Addict

Android Enthusiast
Jul 29, 2013
In a house
Just ran a speed test because my phone has been downloading very slowly and sometimes the download wouldn't finish. Here are my results .26 MB/s download and about 1.5 MB/s upload. And after trying another test it would say "Network connection issues". It has been running like this for almost a week. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Just ran a speed test because my phone has been downloading very slowly and sometimes the download wouldn't finish. Here are my results .26 MB/s download and about 1.5 MB/s upload. And after trying another test it would say "Network connection issues". It has been running like this for almost a week. Anyone know what the problem could be?

update your PRL , when doing a speed test check what network is it doing on, mpcs' network or tmobile's. if it is on mpcs' , that's your answer for being slow.

Upvote 0
My speed test app doesn't tell me. And for the prl I'll pass on that because the last time it was installed it made my laptop act very weird.

this app will tell you to which network your connected and will do a speed test.
when installing use the "classic interface".

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.speedtest.android

and for the PRL you don't need your laptop, dial *228 and wait till it starts giving you choices , one of the choices is "update PRL " i believe is choice number 5, just press the number 5 key and listen for the "beep". no need to involve your lap.

Reactions: Android Addict
Upvote 0
this app will tell you to which network your connected and will do a speed test.
when installing use the "classic interface".

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.speedtest.android

and for the PRL you don't need your laptop, dial *228 and wait till it starts giving you choices , one of the choices is "update PRL " i believe is choice number 5, just press the number 5 key and listen for the "beep". no need to involve your lap.
Just checked and I'm on T-Mobile. Also updated the prl and I'm on 3037 now but don't know what I was on before. I'll run a speed test and see if anything changed.

Edit: the prl update worked :D I'm getting better speeds now, thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones