1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Really slow on 2g and text message issue.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jtcartrite, Sep 10, 2011.

1. jtcartrite

jtcartrite Lurker
    None

Sep 10, 2011
    The Atrix is my first Android phone and I love it, but I go to small towns that have 2g coverage from time to time. I was in one last week and Atrix was slower than my old phone which was a Nokia E71X. Default browser would load but took forever, the screen would time out (screen is on one minute timeout) and when I unlocked screen the page would finally be loaded. Skyfire was a little faster and foxfire was the fastest. When I say fastest its more like it will actually load something. My facebook app wouldn't hardly update. Is this normal? Is there something that I can do to speed up phone on 2g (like rooting, I don't know anything about rooting but I've read about it a little bit. From what I understand it just helps out phone not network speed.)

Also when I text one of my contacts, the phone puts the incoming and outgoing messages into separate threads. One is my outgoing messages and one is my incoming messages. It only does this for one of my contacts. The others work just fine. I can reply in the incoming message and it moves my reply to the outgoing thread. We are both on ATT.

Thanks in advance.

Android version 2.3.4
    Build number 4.5.91
    Go Launcher

Advertisement