• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Really strange behaviour

In the recent list of issues / problems with my HTC Desire this is the wierdest.
I thought I had come through the problems with no lasting problems with the phone, but no I was wrong.
I had managed to get it working ok again, even the WiFi was ok, so after getting all my apps back on and sorted out it was time to charge it. It decides it wont charge beyond 39% so I just took this as the battery was worn out so looked into getting a new one, not a problem. But, Now the phone wont charge. not even a little orange light, tried with the A/C into the socket and nothing. but there was a high pitch whine from the socket. Tried in the usb on the laptop. still no orange light. Tried reseating the battery a few times, nothing. dead as a dodo.
But after pulling out the battery and reinserting and before plugging in again the phone didnt come on but just constantly vibrated...until i pulled the battery out.
and its currently still disconnected.
Not really sure what to do now, seems completely useless.
Could go and try the car charger, but that means going out into the cold.:eek:
Problems seem to come one after another with this phone, is this a feature of all Android phones, or is the desire just a piece of crap:eek:
gonna try and charge it again
wish me luck, as i need the phone as my alarm clock for the 5am wake up tomorrow.:thinking:

Also before the phone blacked out and wouldnt charge the mini plug that plugs into the phone was temperemental, slightest movement and would stop charging. dropped from 8% to 3% in seconds then self switched off and has been dead ever since. Really hate this phone

hey man calm down...

see after reading u r post .. I think there is problem in the charging socket of the desire itself ...so better is to take it to the service center if ur phone is in warranty and let them help you...

and Its just a simple hardware problem with your phone .. which can be solved easily.. its not all about all the desire's and all the androids...

ok so give it a chance ... it will lv u back :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones