1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Realme C3 problem after unlock bootloader

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by rizwan65, Mar 23, 2022.

1. rizwan65

rizwan65 Lurker

I have unlocked bootloader of my Realme C3 using ADB/Fastboot driver, after unlocking Select Boot Mode Screen appears but volume up/down selection does not work
    You can say stucked on Select Boot Mode Screen no keys working

After pressing Power button for few seconds the system restarts normally (with warning Orange state The bootloader is unlocked bla bla)

All user data erased, need to set-up from start
    Again Powered off and restarted in bootloader mode two lines displayed on screen i.e Unlock verify ok bla bla

Tried this process many time but same problem

Any suggestion please
    Rizwan

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Try relocking the bootloader and see whether anything changes.

Were the volume keys working before you unlocked the bootloader?

I'm a little puzzled though: I've unlocked bootloaders before now, and the phone boots normally the first time - no extra "select boot mode screen". Of course I've never used (or, that I'm aware of, even seen) a Realme device, so this may be something they do. But since entering different boot modes is often accomplished by booting while pressing one or more keys, and you say that the volume keys are not working, I can't help wonder whether these things are connected, i.e. that the volume key is stuck and that's why it's booting into this funny mode? Just speculating here.

3. rizwan65

rizwan65 Lurker

Well I have tried locking and unlocking again twice to confirm and the same is faced again.
    My volume keys are working fine.
    After entering the command fastboot flash unlock , a black screen pops up with instructions stating that pressing volume key down to unlock and volume key up to lock and so on.
    When i press volume key down, it states boot loader is unlocked and another black screen pops up which states select boot menu and has three options but the volume keys dont work on this menu.
    Seems like stucked. From here a long press power is required to reboot the phone

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

So this menu goes away when you relock, or it makes no difference?

What are the 3 options on the select boot screen menu? As I say, this is something I've not encountered: in my experience unlocking the bootloader changes nothing other than that you gain the ability to flash the phone's partitions with unsigned firmware.

A long shot, but did you try using the touchscreen for that menu? Usually bootloader menus aren't touch sensitive, but if the buttons do nothing but seem to be working otherwise then that's the other possibility that occurs to me.

5. rizwan65

rizwan65 Lurker

Well the boot menu is not touch sensitive and it does not appear again either locked or unlocked.
    The 3 options on boot menu are
    Recovery mode
    >>Fastboot mode
    Reboot (I think but not confirmed about this option)

In which Fastboot is selected and it is stated that press volume up to change the selection and volume down to confirm.

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

do you have usb debugging turned on? do you have adb and fastboot setup? if so you can command the phone to boot into fastboot mode.

open the command from the appropiate folder and type:
    Code (Text):
    1. adb reboot bootloader
    https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/use-adb-fastboot-android/

what are you trying to do? root the phone?

puppykickr likes this.
  7. rizwan65

rizwan65 Lurker

Well after issuing this command, the restarts with black screen saying
    Oppo Verify Pass
    Fastboot Unlock Verify Ok

8. ocnbrze

nothing else? can you copy and paste the readput of the command?

9. rizwan65

rizwan65 Lurker

Readput? You mean screenshot?
    If yes then, not now as I am not near my pc. I am messaging you on mobile
    And one thing more when I power on my c3 while holding volume down the same screen appears i.e
    Oppo Verify Pass

10. ocnbrze

sorry i meant readout.......so yes a screenshot of the command and what it says after the command.

11. rizwan65

rizwan65 Lurker

Ok I will paste the screenshot after some time, as i am currently away from pc

ocnbrze likes this.
  12. rizwan65

rizwan65 Lurker

Well I have attached screenshot of the commands
    After I issued this command my phone rebooted with black screen with following

Oppo Verify Pass

Attached Files:

13. ocnbrze

hmm ok adb is working and it sees the phone......so that is good. i'm not familiar with oppo and i have not seen what is shown on your phone after the adb command. gonna have to research this later tonight when i get home from work.