• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Realtime tracking of your children...

GHOSTNOTES

Lurker
Apr 22, 2012
Hello this my second post and i have question about tracking.

What im looking for is an app that will track in realtime using Google maps or similar.All i have been able to find are cloud/server based apps that required some kind of 3rd party.My daughter has my old mytouch and i would like to be able to see where she is at all times.

Is there such an app???

Thanks

No such thing really exists....plus gps doesn't work well indoors/basements/malls , where kids typically hang out.

Google latitude is the closest you will get and mostly uses cell towers as locations.(which could easily put her location a few miles from where she really is)

Have you looked into AVG for android? it does offer the ability to locate the phone if installed. And I believe you can password protect it, so that it can't be disabled.

Antivirus Free

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones