1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Reappearing/Disapperaing scratches on my Droid Screen?!?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by superdesi, Dec 16, 2009.

1. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    So I was showing off my droid the other day and attempted to wow the audience by keying the scratch proof screen. Note that I do not have any screen protection yet. They were wowed allright but the next day I noticed very very faint scratches on my screen. I gave the screen a good rub with my shirt and they disappeared along with the smudges and dust so i didnt think anything of it. I just checked again a few min ago and I saw those same scratches imprinted in the dust and smudges that had gotten on the screen. I again gave it a good rub and they dissappeared...but I'm starting to wonder how the heck is this even happening?!? :eek:

Advertisement

2. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Northwestern PA, USA
    They are VERY fine scratches. Rubbing them temporarily fills them with oil from your fingers, or residue from the cloth nand makes them appear to go away..but they are there..

I have a few tiny scratches and scuff on mine.. they are NOT scratch proof. Highly resistant? Maybe.

3. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Mortgage Underwriter
    Rochester, NY
    It's self-correcting! Run and hide! Your phone has become sentient!

Seriously though, what he said. Are you only seeing them from a specific viewing angle, by any chance?

4. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I have been super careful with this one. I got the vz screen protector the day I got my phone. I ripped it off after a couple of days because it had bubbles and didn't go all the way to the bottom of the screen. I got a cheap screen protector that I thought was made for the Droid but it wasn't. I had to cut it and it looked horrible! I ripped it off after one day. Then I ordered the Boxwave clear screen. You can't even tell that there is a screen on there now. It looks and feels just like the glass. I like this better than worrying about scratches.

5. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    I was able to see them from different angles but once I gave the screen a good rub, the completely disappeared. Well I guess its safe to say DO NOT SHOW OFF YOUR SCREEN BY KEYING IT! It will leave faint scratches.

I got the Boxwave Anti-Glare screen protection. It won't give me the glass feel but I'd rather have anti-glare and less smudging. Hopefully the faint scratches will be hidden after I apply the screen protection.

6. ajm144k

ajm144k Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    lol

the screen is tough, but i mean... just showing that it currently has no scratches probably gets the same point across.