• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rebate and number transfer question?

Now that we have a release date, can I get a new line now with sprint and transfer the new number to my Hero and give it to my daughter(she's dying for it now). Then I will just reactivate my old Motorola Q until the The EVO is released. Will I then be able to go to Bestbuy and get the EVO with the instant rebate on that new line since it has never been subsidized, and immediately swap my number to the EVO and her number back to the hero? I know with sprint the EVO would have to stay on her number for 30 days to get the mail in rebate back, but since Bestbuy doesn't do mail in rebates, Will this affect me transfering numbers online or over the phone, or will sprint block the ESN for 30 days anyway?

Kind of long and convaluted I know, but any help would be greatly appreciated:)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones