• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Reboot cycle with Bugless Beast

I just flashed the newest Bugless Beast and my phone wouldn't stop rebooting. I went back to sholes and it seems fine now. Was that normal for BB? I panicked so I just went back.

Did you use update.zip or nandroid?

I haven't had an issue using update.zip over a Sholes installation, but some others have. The best way to install would be a clean install though, with nandroid.

Once you're in recovery, adb shell in:

format DATA:
format CACHE:
format SYSTEM:

Then restore the BB nandroid.

That's about the neatest way you can install. It shouldn't boot loop since by default, it only clocks to 600MHz.

Upvote 0
I just flashed the newest Bugless Beast and my phone wouldn't stop rebooting. I went back to sholes and it seems fine now. Was that normal for BB? I panicked so I just went back.

A lot of people are having problems with this version. It's because of JIT being enabled. Pete is uploading a newer one with it being disabled and all should be fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones