1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Reboot Fix?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mobile1, Jun 22, 2011.

1. mobile1

mobile1 Member
    None

Nov 18, 2009
    OK, call it a hunch but could the reboots be related to the processor (internal) temperature sensor and a thermal overlimit condition?

Someone I know and trust (and works in IT) has claimed that there are no reboots while sitting on a sealed ice pack. It stays up for hours while normally it reboots often.

I'd be willing to test it but am out on the road through the weekend and cannot. Anyone else willing to give it a shot?

Advertisement

2. ekyle

ekyle Android Expert
    None

Jan 5, 2010
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Central NY
    I believe that some have rooted and installed custom ROMS. They re reporting that in that case there are no more random reboots. I think it is a software issue.

3. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Android Expert
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    Designer/Drafter
    O-town Florida
    the MR1 update (the OTA you recieved) brought on the reboots. there have been a couple leaks since then (MR2 and MR2.5) that have been said to fix these issues along with faster GPS lock on. flash the MR2 or 2.5 full RUU (for non rooted users) and see if that helps. i flashed the MR2 on stock ROM and i had zero reboots in the 5 days i ran the phone unrooted.
    still, after a full week with the phone, i have only seen one random reboot.

this is the full RUU leak that i flashed and had no issues with...it will wipe data
    http://www.droid-life.com/2011/06/1...c-thunderbolt-fix-those-reboots-problems-now/

looks like MR2.5 is only for rooted ROM's though.