• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Reboot into recovery scare!

corybantic

Apr 14, 2011
Turn around...
I flashed Virus' Rom Kingdom REVOlution with sense 3.0 earlier today and just a while ago, I decided to do a nandroid backup of it. So I shut my phone down, waited about a minute, pressed down on the power button & vol. down and, nothing. The screen still stayed black, I attempted it again and it simply powered back on and not into recovery! I tried 2 more times and the same thing, I couldn't manually reboot into recovery.

Thankfully, I installed Quickboot and was able to get to recovery and make a nandroid. My question is this: is that normal for this rom not to want to reboot into recovery? Has anyone here in forumsland had this happen to them?

BTW, I restored a nandroid from a previous save, flashed it and, after it was fully installed, I shut it down and manually rebooted into recovery without any issue. :thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones