1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Reboot phone to regain 3G

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by GeoUSA, Sep 9, 2009.

1. GeoUSA

GeoUSA Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Director of IT
    Now that my area has 3G I have noticed something. Some mornings I awake and my phone will only connect to Edge (2G). The fix so far has been to simply power cycle (off/on) the phone. I use my G1 as my bedside radio now so it's possible to go several days without even thinking about rebooting. My hunch is that Tmo has a time limit for staying connected to 3G.

Advertisement

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    I live in DC and have 3G continously ... I can go days without rebooting and not loose 3G connectivity ... so may still be a bit on the fringe in you area ..

3. GeoUSA

GeoUSA Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Director of IT
    Thanks, Jim could be. Both G1s in our house behave this way.

Oops -- maybe I need coffee. I intended to post this in the Tips and Tricks section.

4. killer3160

killer3160 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    it just might do it randomly i live in ny cause in my house i get 3g and edge and it switches between them randomly nut if i go to area with 3g it never switches to edge unless i put it on 2g mode

5. xm0is3sx

xm0is3sx Member

Jun 3, 2009
    instead of rebooting everytime you lose 3g just use anycut to put WCDMA only:)

6. CptGemini

CptGemini Well-Known Member

Mine goes between edge and 3g in my bedroom but I think its because the signal gets fairly weak in my room sometimes. Maybe its signal based for 3g.