• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Reboot problem? Is Desire 2.2 update worth the hassle

Hi all,

I just wanted to make a post, Ive had a desire now since april and loved it very much, the best thing since sliced bread.

I have had an issue however with the reboot loop and overheating, Ive read posts throughout this forum and elsewhere on the net. My phone was becomming unbearable after putting 2.2 on there so I sent it back to htc and after waiting 2 weeks for a repair from HTC, it appears they have installed firmware 2.1 on there (despite an email saying they were waiting for parts).

My paperwork says problem: 1.power off during operation / fail to wake up.

It doesnt say anything anywhere about replacing parts on there, so to me it looks like theyve reflashed it with 2.1 (Ive read theyve done this with a lot of other users).

My dilema is this, Ive got no idea how to reflash it and are a bit wary of bricking the phone. So is it worth going through the update again or should I stay on 2.1 as all seems good.

Cant really pinpoint the problem but a lot indicates to the above, just wondered if I could get your valid opinion as previously 2.2 seemed to cause the problems?

Is 2.2 too buggy?

Any help / suggestions appreciated. :thinking:

I had the same problem after the 2.2 update, contacted HTC and they told me to do a hard reset but before that I did my own investigation and discovered that when it was set to auto-sync, I'd get the issue and if I turned auto-sync off and did it manually, I don't have a problem.

I've been auto-reboot free ever since!

Apparently though, someone else told me their reboot issue wasn't due to auto-sync, so maybe it's just me but honestly, it's been fine since I turned that one thing off. No other issues with 2.2 at all.

Perhaps you are best to stay with 2.1 for the moment if you're happy with it? I can't guarantee that my fix will also be your fix!

Reactions: dazzydef
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones