• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Reboot Recovery -\sdcard shows as phone

adwiz

Lurker
Sep 20, 2013
New to forum - Wh'sup? I am trying to root a Samsung i847 Rugby Smart but in recovery reboot from Windows command prompt, after choosing "apply update from sdcard" it shows the \sdcard directory as the phone's storage - you see the main directory stuff under \sdcard. (And when I chose external_sd the directory is empty.) I have booted without sdcard inserted, recovery booted without sdcard - trying to get the os to see the sdcard...or to stop seeing the phone storage as \sdcard.
I'm at a loss. Any assistance would be great. (I hope I am doing something stupid > simple!)

New to forum - Wh'sup? I am trying to root a Samsung i847 Rugby Smart but in recovery reboot from Windows command prompt, after choosing "apply update from sdcard" it shows the \sdcard directory as the phone's storage - you see the main directory stuff under \sdcard. (And when I chose external_sd the directory is empty.) I have booted without sdcard inserted, recovery booted without sdcard - trying to get the os to see the sdcard...or to stop seeing the phone storage as \sdcard.
I'm at a loss. Any assistance would be great. (I hope I am doing something stupid > simple!)

welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!

i moved you to the rugby root forum.

i do not have your phone so i can be of much help.....curious though how old is the card? do you have a sd card adapter? if so can the pc access the card?

Upvote 0
welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!

i moved you to the rugby root forum.

i do not have your phone so i can be of much help.....curious though how old is the card? do you have a sd card adapter? if so can the pc access the card?
New and yes and yes.

This type issue doesn't seem as it would be a Rugby issue...more so a Gingerbread/Android/Samsung-in-general issue. But you know better and me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones