1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rebooting galaxy s2 6 hours after ICS update...help please

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Whiterose.uk, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Whiterose.uk

Whiterose.uk Newbie

Hi all,
    my s2 has just started rebooting itself over and over and im not sure what steps to take so asking for some kind advice please.
    I updated to ICS via kies around 12.30 this afternoon from gingerbread (after backing up my phone). My phone is branded vodafone but unlocked and is using an o2 Sim.
    I cant tell you any build numbers etc.

The furthest the phone boots is as follows... turn on, the booting logo, sim card unlock pin, pattern unlock screen, once unlocked the screen is black, after 30 seconds or so, it reboots and does the same again but minus my sim unlock screen. It reboots to the pattern lock screen instead.

Ive barely used it all day other than to take a look at whats new, i was about to begin a txt message when it randomly rebooted and just restarts.

Thankyou for taking the time to read... id appreciate it if you could also take the time to reply, even if its just hello :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. As you have every thing backed up i would just do a factory reset

Press volume up menu and power to turn phone it will load android system recovery.
    Then factory reset and wipe cache partition
    see if that solve it.

It will get rid off every thing on your phone though.

Whiterose.uk likes this.
  3. Whiterose.uk

Whiterose.uk Newbie

Thankyou, it did the trick!

4. josefvdc

josefvdc Lurker

it did the trick for me as well. too bad i have no back up of anything. have to re-install and get all my contacts back again. such a pain.

5. A4sWorld

A4sWorld Lurker

This problime hapend to me. And at the first I started testing whay.
    after word, I found that when I move the SD out, the phone works ok.
    then I started to move all applications from the sd option to the phone.
    that fixed it.
    then I started to test all application found a lot of uncompatible apps but I left the on, as lone the restarting is now done.

Remove all your apps to the phone, if any of them is on the sd. and check will it fix it or not.....

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews