1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rebooting issue (CM7)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by savetheknot, Sep 4, 2011.

1. savetheknot

savetheknot Member

I've had CM7 for about a week now. I'm starting to have issues with my phone rebooting. It seems to happen when my phone goes to sleep. I'm running the 0728 mod. CPU settings are still at 600 Max. I reflashed yesterday and am still having issues. I am out of my normal area but not sure if that would cause this issue or not. Any help? Please??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

did you install anything before this started happening, also check the gold prongs on your battery and make sure there's no build on the battery. Also is your sd card partition?

3. savetheknot

savetheknot Member

The only thing I did was customize my home screen (wallpaper, icons). The apps I installed ran for a week with no issues. I the Atlanta area (I'm on Metro) and my phone started rebooting. It started when I installed Smart Keyboard and changed the lockscreen style but I have since removed the app and reverted the lockscreen to default.

4. nuttmeg

backup your sd card and partition it 512 and 32 for swap, with all the latest build a2sd built into the rom and is recommended, that might be one issue.

5. savetheknot

savetheknot Member

The reboot problem seems solved. However I am now missing calls and the Roaming Indicator Off notification is on. I have flashed MetrOff 3 times. Suggestions?

6. nuttmeg

savetheknot likes this.
  7. savetheknot

savetheknot Member

Just tried it and it didn't remove the roaming thingy. The only thing I can think of that I'm doing differently is I'm dling directly from my phone instead of using my PC. Other than that I hold the power button, reboot into recovery, install from zip from SD, choose zip, MetrOFF, back out to main menu, reboot. Am I missing something? I've been using the link on the Wiki.