1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General rebooting issue!! ... please help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zbradford, Aug 10, 2011.

1. zbradford

zbradford Lurker
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    I looked around to see if anybody else had the same problem but I cant really find anything like it on here. Anyway, my phone never had problems with rebooting itself until I installed the custom rom made by joneidy and it works fine up until I open up my set cpu app. When I do that it I can overclock it now which I couldnt before but not even after 5-10 sec after set cpu is open the phone will just freeze and start rebooting itself over and over again.

Is there anyway that I can keep using this custom rom and set cpu and not have my phone go crazy? When I restore my phone back to normal the rebooting stops but I really like this custom rom and would like to use it (thumbs up to joneidy btw :D)

Advertisement

2. blaxican25

blaxican25 Android Expert
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    Another planet Far Away
    that mean you setting your cpu to high forcing reboots lower it right under 806 mhz and should be fine.

zbradford likes this.
  3. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    Every phone is different, some wont overclock much at all, one guy could not even overclock it because the stock is 600 and the first notch, is 729mhz and at 729 reboot for him.
    Others can clock to 806 and be stable.
    If yours works before opening set cpu then its good at 729, if you put it to 748 and it reboots, your stuck at 729.
    That is the speed of the oc kernel by default.

zbradford likes this.
  4. zbradford

zbradford Lurker
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    Thanks guys that fixed it. But now my setcpu isnt being granted superuser access and I cant change the CPU at all. I've tried re-installing it and re-booting my phone but it still isnt able to find root access. seems like just one problem after another :/ is there another easy way to fix this problem?

Tags: