1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

rebooting issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vinniemac3, Dec 30, 2011.

1. vinniemac3

vinniemac3 Well-Known Member

ok i give up with this damn phone. over the past 3 months my phone reboots every day or every other. when it reboots it just sits on the load screen til i pull the battery and reboot it again. no matter what rom and kernal i run its the same thing. i have no clue what is causing this and its on my last nerve. my current set is the 1.77 radios with the mikg 2.1+3.0 v3.0 with the chopsuey v.9.2.6 universal kernal. any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

That is your PRI value, I think. I can't remember seeing a 1.77 radio version.

Have you tried to download and install the latest radio combo?

It might help. You can get the combo here:
    [ Radios ][ 9-5 ] All EVO Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot versions - xda-developers

If that doesn't help, try a complete wipe of everything and flash the stock rooted rom with the stock kernel found here:
    [ROM][STOCK][12/24/11] 4.54.651.1 (updated) - xda-developers

If that doesn't help you may need to unroot and take it in. Hardware failures do cause random reboots sometimes. :(

ocnbrze and vinniemac3 like this.
  3. vinniemac3

ah yes granite you are correct it is the pri. i will try the radios now and ive completely wiped the phone multiple times but never installed the stock rom, hopefully the radios will help and thank you for the help

4. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

No problem, thats why we're here. :)

Let us know if the radios stop the reboots, and sometimes the rom / kernel combo do weird things. Thats why I suggested the stock rom and kernel, to rule out kernel / rom issues and see if it's hardware. Lets hope it's not hardware. :eek:

Also, I almost forgot, don't remove the battery while flashing the radio combo!! This WILL brick your phone!! :eek:

5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

it could also be a hardware issue i had this about 5 months ago wher my phone would randomly reboot itself like that. i was on cm7 at the time it all started. i noticed that it usually starts with when i use navigation. then it started when i would play pandora or games like angry bird. i noticed also that my phone would get pretty hot. i tried all sorts of combo's with roms and kernels. so out of frustration, i unrooted my phone and see if that helped. and of course it did not. phone still rebooted itself. so i took the trip to my sprint store and i told them my story (leaving out that it was rooted at one point) and they just tried a factory reset. of course that did not work because i showed them by running navigation, pandora, and angry bird at the same time. and it rebooted by itself. and that is how i got a refurbished evo.

not sure if this is the same issue with you or not.

vinniemac3 and Granite1 like this.
  6. vinniemac3

thank you again granite and im hoping its not a hardware issue but unfortunately i have the worst luck with phones lol ive tried a couple dif kernels to no avail also dif kernel same reaction even with the stock kernel

7. vinniemac3

hey ocn long time no see bud. hope all is well. i noticed how you had nav and birds going i on the other hand can be in the middle of a text message or email and then boom either reboot or a freeze then reboot. gonna try out these tips from granite first. test the radios then the stock set up and at this point i dont even care if its hardware i just want to figure this out before i break this thing lol

8. vinniemac3

well the radios didnt work. my phone still felt the need to reboot lol guess its time to unroot and take it in to sprint

9. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

damn:(, well i just updated the gingerbread guide and the unrooting guide with the new ruu's. let us know how it goes for you.

Granite1 likes this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews