1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rebooting sadness - still within 30 days..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rogue_slc_vzw_rep, Apr 11, 2012.

1. rogue_slc_vzw_rep

rogue_slc_vzw_rep Android Enthusiast

Ok, be straight with me. Should I just return this thing, take my money and run? I dont know much about ASUS or how they support their devices but it seems like the reboot thing isnt being addressed. I dont feel like rooting this device at the moment and expect it to work out of the box.

I understand that I'm officially buying old tech with this model but am afraid that these type of issues will be around and after seeing ASUS's resolution to the primes GPS issues but providing a dongle, (WTF??) I might be investing in the wrong companys product.

Am I overreacting? Should I give this device and company time to resolve my rebooting issue?? Those that have had this device for a while might be able to best address my concerns but I would appreciate your input..

Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

I think that's one of those questions that nobody can answer but you. It really depends on you and your device. Some devices reboot multiple times per day, some never reboot, or reboot so infrequently as to not be a problem to deal with.

Mine falls in to that last category, I've seen maybe a half dozen reboots since ICS came out - it's not a big deal to me. However if mine was rebooting daily, and it was still under a return policy, I'd take it back straight away - possibly just to get an exchange to see if a different one would behave better.
    If you're going to hate it forever because of the reboots, however often it happens to you, then take it back.

Personally I think that Asus will eventually get the problem worked out. It's got to be a hard problem to fix though, since nobody yet has been MAKE it happen by doing 'this', 'this' and 'this'. Having what appears to be totally random reboots is really hard to track down and fix for a programmer.
    I understand wanting it to work correctly out of the box, however I question if there are any TRULY problem free devices out there. Even the venerable iFruit has a problem or two.

It really boils down to how often it's happening to you, and how much it annoys you when it does.

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews