1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Reboots after 1st Time Rooting & Installing ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by IamMark, Dec 15, 2011.

1. IamMark

IamMark Member
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    I just rooted for the first time yesterday using the Revolutionary method and installed my first ROM, Liquid Smooth 3.2. I absolutely love this ROM, but as my luck goes, I'm getting random reboots with it. I searched multiple threads regarding this ROM and never saw one other posting about someone having the same issue.

I did wipe data/cache/dalvik before installing it.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to try to resolve this? I haven't installed anything beyond the ROM, so it has to be something going on with it. Maybe I screwed something up during the rooting process for all I know. What information can I provide regarding kernel, radios, etc. that might prove helpful?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Shine 52

Shine 52 Member
    None

Oct 26, 2010
    CT
    I would wipe again and then flash. Some people like to wipe like 3x's before flashing. Some say its a waste. I personally do it and have minimal issues when flashing a new ROM.

3. Chrizzl3

Chrizzl3 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 7, 2011
    What radio are you on? could be the prob.

-reflashing isnt a bad idea, id try that before changing radio. i havent had any reboots on liquid 3.2. also FWIW, i used to wipe multiple times, but got impatient and started doing it just once. never had problems. checking the md5 is more beneficial i.m.o. good luck

4. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    I suggest wiping everything cache, dalvik, /data, and /system and reflashing. I think that should solve the issue.

5. IamMark

IamMark Member
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    Thanks guys. Just to confirm, do I just wipe everything several times in a row? Is there any method to the madness?

Also, I'm really dumb to rooting. Chrizzl3 asked about which radio I'm on...where on the phone can I determine this?

Lastly, I was running the latest OTA gingerbread when I was stock. When rooting/flashing this ROM, was I supposed to also flash a new kernel or radio (or anything else)? When and why would I do this?

Thanks!

6. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    You don't need to worry about flahsing a radio yet. The OTA has the most radio. You will want to update when a new radio comes available because it should improve your signal.

A kernel is already included in the rom.

Before any rom flash it is suggested you wipe cache, dalvik, and /data. If you have issues or your like me and just want to be extra careful then wipe /system as well.

IamMark likes this.
  7. IamMark

IamMark Member
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    I wiped data/cache/dalvik twice, and so far haven't had any issues over the last 2 days. Hopefully that took care of whatever was going on. Thanks!

One question for Yeahha - I didn't see an option in Recovery to wipe System. Is it called something else?

8. jackdubl

jackdubl Android Expert
    None

May 18, 2010
    Topeka, KS
    For system, go to recovery> mounts and storage> format system. This will wipe the system.