• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Reboots after 1st Time Rooting & Installing ROM

IamMark

Feb 11, 2011
I just rooted for the first time yesterday using the Revolutionary method and installed my first ROM, Liquid Smooth 3.2. I absolutely love this ROM, but as my luck goes, I'm getting random reboots with it. I searched multiple threads regarding this ROM and never saw one other posting about someone having the same issue.

I did wipe data/cache/dalvik before installing it.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to try to resolve this? I haven't installed anything beyond the ROM, so it has to be something going on with it. Maybe I screwed something up during the rooting process for all I know. What information can I provide regarding kernel, radios, etc. that might prove helpful?

Thanks.

I just rooted for the first time yesterday using the Revolutionary method and installed my first ROM, Liquid Smooth 3.2. I absolutely love this ROM, but as my luck goes, I'm getting random reboots with it. I searched multiple threads regarding this ROM and never saw one other posting about someone having the same issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to try to resolve this? I haven't installed anything beyond the ROM, so it has to be something going on with it. Maybe I screwed something up during the rooting process for all I know. What information can I provide regarding kernel, radios, etc. that might prove helpful?

Thanks.

I would wipe again and then flash. Some people like to wipe like 3x's before flashing. Some say its a waste. I personally do it and have minimal issues when flashing a new ROM.

Upvote 0

Thanks.

I would wipe again and then flash. Some people like to wipe like 3x's before flashing. Some say its a waste. I personally do it and have minimal issues when flashing a new ROM.

What radio are you on? could be the prob.

-reflashing isnt a bad idea, id try that before changing radio. i havent had any reboots on liquid 3.2. also FWIW, i used to wipe multiple times, but got impatient and started doing it just once. never had problems. checking the md5 is more beneficial i.m.o. good luck

Upvote 0
Thanks guys. Just to confirm, do I just wipe everything several times in a row? Is there any method to the madness?

Also, I'm really dumb to rooting. Chrizzl3 asked about which radio I'm on...where on the phone can I determine this?

Lastly, I was running the latest OTA gingerbread when I was stock. When rooting/flashing this ROM, was I supposed to also flash a new kernel or radio (or anything else)? When and why would I do this?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
You don't need to worry about flahsing a radio yet. The OTA has the most radio. You will want to update when a new radio comes available because it should improve your signal.

A kernel is already included in the rom.

Before any rom flash it is suggested you wipe cache, dalvik, and /data. If you have issues or your like me and just want to be extra careful then wipe /system as well.

Reactions: IamMark
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones