• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Reboots are getting out of control....

Just called Verizon about these reboots I've been having since the update. Had two reboots this morning. I was told that HTC is aware that there are problems with reboots since the update and they are told to send out replacement phones. It is being sent overnight.

I was advised not to install the update and to wait until HTC sends out a new update. This is my third Thunderbolt. First one was randomly rebooting, too. And that was before any over the air (OTA) update.

Upvote 0
So has everyone actually had reboots now?

I am averaging about 5 to 6 boots a day. Really annoying when surfing the web or downloading apps, then the screen goes blank , and im thinking that the phone just went to sleep, only to find out when i press the power button it reboots itself. Friggin OTA. I do remember that when it was updating that one of the pop ups before it actually downloads was that the update will cause the phone to reboot without warning.

Upvote 0
Got my 3rd tbolt in today and to much surprise...... It's rebooting... I may just request a different model of phone.

Good luck I already tried that since im on my 5th replacement and I asked if i could get a different phone and they said I just have to keep getting a replacement. I wish it was like it used to be and if you had 4 or more they gave you a different model although there isnt really any other phone verizon has worth getting. Hopefully they fix this with the next update that is supposedly close to being released.

Upvote 0
I'm really beginning to suspect htc's quality control , but then again the droid x had a nasty robot issue. Haven't seen it on my bolt yet, but my first X went back because of it. Just hang in there guys. It got ironed out on the x, it will get ironed out with us as well! :)

I only had one reboot ever on my Droid X, I still think it was one of my best phones, if only it didn't have a locked down bootloader. I like the looks of HTC phones but I have always had issues with them.

But they will get it together and I am sure this issue will be fixed sometime in the near future.

Upvote 0
If you have not done a factory reset then you shouldnt come on here complaining. If you havent already done so, do a factory reset and all your problems will be gone and you can enjoy your phone.

Umm, what?? How exactly can you guarantee that all my problems would be solved by a factory reset? I am on phone #4 and that's after doing a factory reset EVERY time. Just because something worked for you doesn't mean it will for everyone. To say people are complaining because they haven't done a factory reset to solve the problem?? Well that's just ignorant IMO.

Reactions: dm33
Upvote 0
Hello everyone. New guy here. I was just wondering if its safe to get a Tbolt today. My contract has been up since Nov. with ATT and I have been lured away from my iphone 2 to the Droid side. :) The freedom droid looks like it allows is insane and I can't relly wait anymore. Are TBolt phones prone to rebooting from new or is it only after the recent update? Do they come new with the faulty update? Thx in advance.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone. New guy here. I was just wondering if its safe to get a Tbolt today. My contract has been up since Nov. with ATT and I have been lured away from my iphone 2 to the Droid side. :) The freedom droid looks like it allows is insane and I can't relly wait anymore. Are TBolt phones prone to rebooting from new or is it only after the recent update? Do they come new with the faulty update? Thx in advance.

Honestly, if you can wait a few weeks I would. Supposedly gb will be sent out before the end of June and it will hopefully fix some of these issues (at least that's the theory). It's a great phone, but it is very buggy right now. If you dont mind a few reboots and hiccups here and there go for it. Personally, I would get the dinc2 if I could do it all over again. If they can get the bugs worked out this will be a fantastic phone...until then the jury is still out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones