1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Reboots endlessly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AndyRoydt, Jan 7, 2020.

1. AndyRoydt

AndyRoydt Newbie

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 that I really like. It started rebooting at random a few months ago. I got it stable for a few minutes and factory reset it. Apparently everything wasn't backed up. So goes it.

Now it reboots endlessly. I did get it stable for a few more minutes, factory reset it again, and when I was signing in to my Samsung acct, it started rebooting again - even while charging.

I tried to get it into safe mode. Worked once, and immediately started rebooting again.

This is my favorite phone. I have an S2 which I've had for over seven years, and it's going strong - even loaded with apps.

Advertisement

2. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

is your S5 rooted? Can you boot into recovery and if so is it stable? It could be a bad battery or possibly an emmc/mmc hardware failure.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. James L

James L Android Expert

Try reflashing the firmware or as stated above it could be hardware failure.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i'm surprised your s5 has survived for so long.....i think it is time to move on my friend.

Samsung Galaxy S5

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was announced in 2014 and was the company's first flagship of the year. The device featured a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and a 16MP primary rear camera.