1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Reboots in my pocket, upgrades OS and deletes apps and data

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dmy, Oct 28, 2021.

1. dmy

dmy Lurker

I was listening to headphones and they disconnect. Pull my phone out of my pocket and it is rebooting. (I have it in "pocket" mode but it has always failing in my pocket) It then displays a screen in Chinese. I immediately shutdown and then restart the device. When it restarts, it has installed a new Android version 11 and has blown away all my apps and data. How the **** does this happen by itself in my pocket ? Will NOT be trusting this brand again..

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

OnePlus comes from China of course, but this sounds like the China variant of the OnePlus6, which is intended for use in China, rather than the international one?

PRC variant OnePlus phones are running a different firmware to the international ones, called Hydrogen OS rather than Oxygen OS. Hydrogen OS is actually more modified version of Android than Oxygen OS, and some things in it are in Chinese only, like the Recovery

As for wiping all your apps and data, it shouldn't have done that. And why it happened, no real ideas, maybe a bug that OnePlus needs to fix with this phone?

#2 mikedt, Oct 28, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

it could have deleted your data when you turned it off while it was updating......why it randomly updated is besides me. i'm not familiar with your phone.

mikedt likes this.

OnePlus 6 Forum

The OnePlus 6 release date was May 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.28" inch screen, 20MP camera, 6/8GB RAM, Snapdragon 845 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

May 2018
Release Date
Reviews