• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Reboots in my pocket, upgrades OS and deletes apps and data

dmy

Lurker
Oct 28, 2021
I was listening to headphones and they disconnect. Pull my phone out of my pocket and it is rebooting. (I have it in "pocket" mode but it has always failing in my pocket) It then displays a screen in Chinese. I immediately shutdown and then restart the device. When it restarts, it has installed a new Android version 11 and has blown away all my apps and data. How the **** does this happen by itself in my pocket ? Will NOT be trusting this brand again..

I was listening to headphones and they disconnect. Pull my phone out of my pocket and it is rebooting. (I have it in "pocket" mode but it has always failing in my pocket) It then displays a screen in Chinese. I immediately shutdown and then restart the device. When it restarts, it has installed a new Android version 11 and has blown away all my apps and data. How the **** does this happen by itself in my pocket ? Will NOT be trusting this brand again..

OnePlus comes from China of course, but this sounds like the China variant of the OnePlus6, which is intended for use in China, rather than the international one?

PRC variant OnePlus phones are running a different firmware to the international ones, called Hydrogen OS rather than Oxygen OS. Hydrogen OS is actually more modified version of Android than Oxygen OS, and some things in it are in Chinese only, like the Recovery

As for wiping all your apps and data, it shouldn't have done that. And why it happened, no real ideas, maybe a bug that OnePlus needs to fix with this phone?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones