• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Reboots on its own

Could be a rogue app or could be your battery is getting old, hopefully it something simple. Try wiping the cache also (if you haven't already)

It happens during different apps, but I guess it could be a rogue app in the background. It being the battery didn't occurr to me but now that you mention it, it scares me. I'd hate to have to change it. I use to change screens on my Palms, but never took apart my cell phones. It still charges fine and holds a charge but I don't know. Any idea of how I could check the battery? Is there an app that really works? Wiping the cache was one of the first things I did. Whenever my phone acts up, the first thing I do is wipe the cache but obviously that was a good suggestion.

Reactions: Member2047631
Upvote 0
Do you have a micro-SD in the phone, because I've known bad SDs causing reboots and other instability. If so try phone for a while without the SD in it. It could also be battery as well, and really only way to be absolutely sure is replacing it. Depending on where you are in the world, what country, there might be places that can replace the battery while you wait, or at least same day....there are by me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Do you have a micro-SD in the phone, because I've known bad SDs causing reboots and other instability. If so try phone for a while without the SD in it. It could also be battery as well, and really only way to be absolutely sure is replacing it. Depending on where you are in the world, what country, there might be places that can replace the battery while you wait, or at least same day....there are by me.

Thanks mikedt,

I'll give your suggestion about the SD card a try. I still would like to test my battery before I replace it. Getting it replaced shouldn't be a problem, but messing with my phone if it isn't the battery concerns me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones