1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root reboots randomly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kender, Oct 27, 2011.

1. kender

kender Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    My Commando is randomly rebooting, while charging overnight, when not plugged in, never while talking, yet... but i figure that's just lucky that I don't talk much on it... the phone is not necessarily doing the same thing every time... this has been an issue since I bought the phone.. i have had it replaced 2 times already for different issues (boot looping first time, and the replacement they sent me was broken in the box before i got it)

Secondary, while charging the battery will get hot (115* or higher, and reboot at that point as well, but I assume that is due to heat)

Can I force Verizon to upgrade me free due to a lemon phone since this would be the third replacement in less than 6 months, or am I stuck with replacing this phone over and over?

Advertisement

2. mtxx

mtxx Lurker
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    I had the same rebooting issue constantly on my rooted Commando after it upgraded to GB 2.3.3 and lost root. It kept rebooting constantly even after finally doing the zergRush root on it last week. So I ordered a replacement phone and re-rooted it with zergRush. The new phone is now 100% perfect and no rebooting at all. By the way, this was my fourth replacement Commando since August...so hang in there! My battery is not getting hot. I would recommend getting another replacement phone from Verizon. If you still are seeing a rebooting issue, then replace the battery. I am using the Mugen Power 1800 mAH extended life battery and it's great...I'm getting almost exactly 48 hours out of it with regular use. Good Luck!

3. stainless

stainless Member
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    Engineer
    Oak Ridge, TN
    Mine reboots constantly.
    Every time it seems to lag a bit, it just reboots.
    It is dog slow and the screen sensitivity sucks.
    I really wish someone could get a custom rom set up for it.
    It may be worth something then.

4. jova33

jova33 Android Expert
    None

Oct 19, 2011
    militar
    El Paso
    I'm on my third commando. I really like this phone, but kinda worries me that it has so many problems. The second commando I got used to reboot at random. This one does it at least twice a month. Once I was replying to a text and received a text at the same time I hit send. Phone froze and rebooted. Kind of annoying. Would I go out and get a different device because of this? No, because I love how durable it is.