• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Receive an email notification when 2.2 is released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trident

Android Expert
Jan 20, 2010
Virginia Beach, VA
I have shamelessly copied Phases' thread for the 2.1 update and slightly altered it for the 2.2 update.

Matt over at Motorola has set up a thread you can subscribe to so that you can receive an email notification when 2.2 has begun its rollout.

(I guess more realistically - as soon as it's started and Matt is able to get the thread updated - but I've got faith in 'ol Matt!)

You do have to be a member there to subscribe.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/30001

For those of you not looking to sign up there - you can subscribe to THIS thread for instant email notification if you'd like. As soon as I get his email - I'll repost it here saying so. Yes, the notice will be a hair behind the very instant it is released, but with any luck not too behind.

I will delete this thread after the update is complete. The making of this or Matt's thread does not indicate it's any closer to release. No exchanges substitutions or refunds.
You can use the "Thread Tools" drop down at the top of this to subscribe. After you click "Subscribe to this thread", use the drop down you're presented with on the next page to select "Instant email notification" and add the subscription.

Matt from the Motorola Owner's Forum posted the following at Jul 30, 2010 at 6:07 PM:

I'm happy to report that Verizon Wireless will start pushing Android 2.2 (Froyo) to the original Droid by Motorola during the week of August 2.

Although I can't confirm it yet, I would not be surprised if there were a push to some small number of users as a pre-launch test as early as tonight...
To view the full discussion, please go here.

[Posted on behalf of Trident.]

TS out

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones