• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Receive email notification when 2.1 is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phases

NO LONGER ADMIN
Sep 9, 2008
Nashville, TN
Not sure if anyone has posted this but.. Matt over at Motorola has set up a thread you can subscribe to so that you can receive an email notification when 2.1 has begun its rollout.

(I guess more realistically - as soon as it's started and Matt is able to get the thread updated - but I've got faith in 'ol Matt!)

You do have to be a member there to subscribe.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/24691

For those of you not looking to sign up there - you can subscribe to THIS thread for instant email notification if you'd like. As soon as I get his email - I'll repost it here saying so. Yes, the notice will be a hair behind the very instant it is released, but with any luck not too behind.

I will delete this thread after the update is complete. The making of this or Matt's thread does not indicate it's any closer to release. No exchanges substitutions or refunds.
You can use the "Thread Tools" drop down at the top of this to subscribe. After you click "Subscribe to this thread", use the drop down you're presented with on the next page to select "Instant email notification" and add the subscription.

The thread has been updated with the following:

"We are pleased to announce the much anticipated DROID 2.1 upgrade has begun rolling out. The roll out will happen in phases and will be delivered to your DROID over the course of the next few weeks.

As many of you know, 2.1 will bring several enhancements to your DROID. These include pinch to zoom for web browsing, speech to text functionality, a new and improved photo gallery and dynamic live wallpapers. To find out more, check out the detailed release notes located here: To be provided shortly.

We sincerely apologize for what we know has been a frustrating experience for you regarding communications on the status of the upgrade. We want to reassure all of our fans that we are dedicated to providing you with the best possible service and we have been listening to each and every one of your comments.

To that end, we excited to announce we will be launching a Support tab on our Facebook page in the next two weeks as well as dedicating more resources to answer your inquiries. We hope it will become a valuable asset where we can not only directly address your technical questions but also provide a place for you to share ideas with one another, report problems and give us general feedback.

Thanks for your patience while we and our partners finalized your 2.1 upgrade

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones