• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Receive phone message

When I receive a phone call, I swipe until I get the red phone icon, and instead of being able to converse I am give a list of numbers to chose what to do. How do I reset it to answer as soon as I get the red phone icon, that was how it was set when I first got the phone.Any help greatly appreciated.

Hmmm...when the phone call comes in, you don't swipe to a red icon to answer?

While phone is ringing, swipe left to the red icon to ignore OR swipe right to the green icon to answer the call.

Upvote 0
Thanks. Swiping to the right with the red icon to answer gets a voice message telling me to press 1 to answer 2 for voice-mail etc.

When I answer a call, red is to the left and green is to the right. Swiping to green answers the call (swipe and drag from the center icon toward to the green icon on the right - swipe right), swiping to the red icon (swiping from the center to the left) ignores the call.

Upvote 0
When I answer a call, red is to the left and green is to the right. Swiping to green answers the call (swipe and drag from the center icon toward to the green icon on the right - swipe right), swiping to the red icon (swiping from the center to the left) ignores the call.
BTW, are our phones the same, mine is a MotoX, swipes right on red icon
and left to ignore. Now after swiping to the red (right) I have to bring up a keypad and hit 1 to answer. My wife's phone just answers.

Upvote 0
BTW, are our phones the same, mine is a MotoX, swipes right on red icon
and left to ignore. Now after swiping to the red (right) I have to bring up a keypad and hit 1 to answer. My wife's phone just answers.

Pressing 1 to accept a call sounds a lot like you are using Google Voice for calls, with its Call Screening feature turned on. Do you have Google Voice and are these calls to the Google Voice number, or to the non-GV cell phone number associated with the phone?

See https://support.google.com/voice/answer/115083

These are the instructions for answering a call on a Moto X from the user guide, which matches what I was describing: Moto X User Guide

Upvote 0
Pressing 1 to accept a call sounds a lot like you are using Google Voice for calls, with its Call Screening feature turned on. Do you have Google Voice and are these calls to the Google Voice number, or to the non-GV cell phone number associated with the phone?

See https://support.google.com/voice/answer/115083

These are the instructions for answering a call on a Moto X from the user guide, which matches what I was describing: Moto X User Guide

Thanks, Went on the computer and disabled Call Screening, works great, did not know it could be done on the computer.

Reactions: doogald
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones