• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Received my Seidio Extended Battery

I got one and on the first full charge I got 5 hours worth of pandora radio streaming to my bluetooth, with about an hour worth of interruptions (pausing the music) and still have 40%. Sorry this isn't a scientific study, but I'm liking this battery...Making it look ugly or the weight doesn't bother me...

Recommended
Adam

Upvote 0
I got one and on the first full charge I got 5 hours worth of pandora radio streaming to my bluetooth, with about an hour worth of interruptions (pausing the music) and still have 40%. Sorry this isn't a scientific study, but I'm liking this battery...Making it look ugly or the weight doesn't bother me...

Recommended
Adam

Yeah, making the phone look ugly???? Who sits around staring at the back of the phone anyways. We wanted long life and now we have it. Love the new battery.

Upvote 0
Does anyone have a simple list of instuctions on how best to maximize the performance of the Seido 3500 Battery? I am not a process person by any stretch but I love this phone and need to get the performance out of the battery. Even though I tried a bunch of the previous ways to improve life with the original, I need a charge every two hours. The thing is always in my hand.

Would love to make sure I set this new battery up right. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I got the seidio 3500mah battery on thursday. I charged it up and it took two days to kill it. When I got home from work yesterday I plugged it in and it charged to the green light in about 1:45 which I knew wasn't right so I turned it off and it started charging again and the light turned green in about 40 min. I turned it back on and the battery was only at 96% wtf? So I let it charge to green again and as soon as I unplug it the battery drops to 98%. The battery is in an external battery charger right now so I know it will get a full charge.

Is the charging bug in the evo THAT bad? Will I always have to remove this battery to charger it? Is something wrong with my battery? Anyone else having any problems like this with the seidio 3500mah battery?

I really like this battery but having to remove it every time I need to recharge it is a PITA!

Upvote 0
same thing happens with the 3000 mah yoobao battery and the 3000 mah ebay battery so i'm thinking it's a android or evo thing.

i also noticed that using the external charger on the OEM battery now provides 100% charge for MUCH MUCH longer (it used to fall to 99% after 1 min).

hmm.. yeah reporting 97% after 1 HOUR on OEM battery (44% standby) from external charging. MUCH better than charging off of the phone..

Upvote 0
Last night I was too tired to go get a knife to pull the battery case off because it's really tight and I can't get it off with my nails. So I just plugged my phone Into the charger Instead of charging the battery in the external charger. This morning it showed full charge, but I decided to pull it and put it in the external charger to see if it would show full charge. Well it's been sitting in the external charger now for over an hour and still not charged. Just thought I would share. I thought that was interesting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones