1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Received Replacement Phone- Silly Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NOVAdroid2151, May 23, 2011.

1. NOVAdroid2151

NOVAdroid2151 Well-Known Member

Should I wipe my old phone Clean? If so, how do I do that?

I went through before and I moved all the apps I could over to the SD Card... however on the new phone I do not see these apps present. I can see some system folders in the directory but they are not 'available' in the app drawer? is there a way to bring them back? Do I just need to redownload them?

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I don't think you can just move them like that. You should use an app like Titanium Backup if you'd like to make a backup to your SD card and then restore it to your new phone. If you're not rooted, you'll have to download them again on the new phone.

To wipe your old phone clean (and yes, I'd do that) - go to Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset.

Also, if you're sending the old SD card back, go to Settings > Storage > Unmount SD Card, then click Format SD Card.

NOVAdroid2151 likes this.
  3. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert

First, yes I would wipe my phone. Settings>Privacy>Factory Data Reset.

Second, when you sign into your new phone your apps should start to download to your new phone. You can also go to the market press the menu button then My Apps button and that will show you all of your apps. You can download any missing ones from there.

NOVAdroid2151 likes this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

The above (seeing the apps download by just logging in on your phone) only works if you chose to have Google back up your data on their servers, FYI.

JB in AZ likes this.
  5. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert

Thanks binary!
    For those who don't know where this setting can be found::D

menu/settings/Privacy/Backup my data and Automatic restore.

6. Steven58

not a silly question at all. I hope you mind my moving this to the support section. :)

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews