• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Received Replacement Phone- Silly Question

NOVAdroid2151

Jul 20, 2010
Northern, VA
Should I wipe my old phone Clean? If so, how do I do that?

I went through before and I moved all the apps I could over to the SD Card... however on the new phone I do not see these apps present. I can see some system folders in the directory but they are not 'available' in the app drawer? is there a way to bring them back? Do I just need to redownload them?

Thanks!

I don't think you can just move them like that. You should use an app like Titanium Backup if you'd like to make a backup to your SD card and then restore it to your new phone. If you're not rooted, you'll have to download them again on the new phone.

To wipe your old phone clean (and yes, I'd do that) - go to Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset.

Also, if you're sending the old SD card back, go to Settings > Storage > Unmount SD Card, then click Format SD Card.

Reactions: NOVAdroid2151
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones