1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Received replacment: transfer sim data?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jlm86, Dec 26, 2011.

1. jlm86

jlm86 Well-Known Member

ATT sent me a replacment Inspire today..
    WHen i get to screen to "transfer data" from SIM card, the model Inspire
    is not within the HTC section...
    It thus cannot identify phone to transfer sim data??

any ideas?
    thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gnosisjunky

gnosisjunky Well-Known Member

You probably don't have to do this. One of the really cool things about droids is that Google backs up your contacts, market apps, etc. If you had a gmail account set up on your other inspire then when you register that same gmail account on your new phone it will sync your data for you. Also just by putting your sim card in your new phone there is no need to transfer sim data from your old one. When you go into the contacts on your new phone you have the option to import contacts from your sim card. I have not used the stock rom on mine for a long time but I think all you have to do is while you are in your contacts you hit the menu key and one of the options is to import/export. Select import from sim card.

Btw if you do start to have problems with this replacement phone try to find out if there is a solution to the problem here before contacting att. The knowledge base here is specific to your phone where as an att rep is going to be dealing with tons of different issues. Alot of them may not be that great at troubleshooting.

Quite literally there are bugs with every single android phone no matter if it is using the stock software or custom software. I personally have a slight advantage when there is an issue that arises on my inspire because dealing with smart phones is my line of work and the more I know the more i get paid lol. I hope this helps a little :)