1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Received SMS splicing issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jackington, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Jackington

Jackington Lurker
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    In the past few days, my X10 has started messing up received messages. It's removing the end part of some texts that I receive, and replacing them with the end of a random old text. I thought this could be due to having too many messages clogging up my phone, but even after deleting the large majority of messages, the same problem still occurs. A simple solution would be to get a 3rd party messaging app, but does anyone know of any solution to this problem that doesn't involve getting a separate app?

Advertisement

2. tlacour

tlacour Lurker
    None

Feb 5, 2011
    I have just noticed this same issue. Had texts from wrong senders and messages mixed together. Very concerning.

3. Jackington

Jackington Lurker
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    Update: Deleted all of my messages, and that didn't solve the problem, so residual images of them must still be lying around in the phone's memory. Then downloaded a messaging app and that seemed to be working for a while, but that too has now messed up and the same problem is occuring.

4. rosered

rosered Android Expert
    None

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    I think you might need to run a firmware reinstall to clean out the phone and start again from factory settings. You can do this from PC Companion Support section, it will tell you that your phone is up to date but should give you the option to install if you are having problems.

This will wipe your phone so make sure that you have backed your contacts up or synced them. Apps will have to be reinstalled and email accounts will need reinputting. Your sms can be saved using handcent to your sd card.