• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Received your replacement note? Post here!

Hmmm, here is a cut from the official terms. I don't see Note 7 listed either.

2. THE PURCHASE PERIOD AND REDEMPTION PERIOD: The “Purchase Period” begins on September 8, 2016 and ends on October 9, 2016 or while supplies last, whichever occurs first. A valid “Offer Claim Form” must be submitted (as set forth in Section 3) online between September 8, 2016 at 10:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and October 17, 2016 at 11:59:59 PM ET, or while supplies last, whichever occurs first (“Redemption Period”). See below for instructions on how to receive and redeem the Offer.

3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE AND RECEIVE A GIFT: A Participant must: A. During the Purchase Period, purchase a new Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7, or Galaxy S7 active on a device installment plan, 2-year contract plan, lease or outright purchase at full retail price

I remember initially reading that, but then one of the screens does say Note 7 and had it selectable, when going through the process. Only reason I tried it was because others on another board had mentioned it, so I figured that worse case scenario is that they say "no."

Wow, I just redid the promotion for a Gear VR even though the Note 7 isn't listed. I submitted it anyway, and we'll see if it goes through. If so, I'll return the Gear VR I purchased from Samsung... every little bit helps :)

Chief, I already got my confirmation that my submission was accepted and they were preparing my gift for shipment. Of course, I chose another 256gb microSD!...As you know that I am obsessed with storage, just as much as you.

Ok, I'll give it a shot too....will update when I find out.;)

Reason I posted on here, was just to share in the knowledge, since my submission had already been accepted and indicated that my free gift is being prepared for shipment. I figured, why not share with my Android Forums folks.

Upvote 0
It doesn't show note 7 anywhere in the choices.

I don't know. I saw it when putting it through. Hey, if you don't want to try, that's your prerogative. I was just sharing because my submission had already been accepted and my free gift was being prepared for shipment. You can pass on it, if you like. If you do decide to do that, mind if I use your IMEI and WIFI/MAC ID to get another free gift?...lol

-EDIT- I just took a look and I guess, the secondary screen that comes up all depends on where you purchased or received your replacement. I purchased from a 3rd party, but when I went through the intial steps and just entered a random email address and selected direct from T-Mobile, that's where I had initially seen the screen where you can choose "other" as the phone that you had purchased. When I did a dry run (similar to what I just mentioned) on Wendesday afternoon (prior to actual submission that night), that's the screen that I saw a choice. But when I actually submitted, I didn't have to select a device, I just needed proof of purchase image attached.

I honestly didn't think it would work for me, since I purchased through a 3rd party reseller, but according to the Status check, it still says that it was accepted and being prepared for shipping.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Chief, I already got my confirmation that my submission was accepted and they were preparing my gift for shipment.

Good news! Hopefully, they'll approve my promotion before Tuesday... that's when my return authorization for the Gear VR expires. As long as they approve and process my claim for a free Gear VR, I'll be happy to return the one I paid for!

Upvote 0
I've attached a screenshot of the page one would fill out. On the right side, there's a question that says "what phone did you purchase?" When I had initially done a mock run through of the form, it actually had the Note 7 listed, but now there's a selection for "other."

In any event, I don't think there's any harm in trying. Worst case scenario, they say that your submission is denied and you don't get a free gift. It really doesn't hurt at all, in my opinion.

Attachments

• SamsungPromotion.jpg
    SamsungPromotion.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
I've attached a screenshot of the page one would fill out. On the right side, there's a question that says "what phone did you purchase?" When I had initially done a mock run through of the form, it actually had the Note 7 listed, but now there's a selection for "other."

In any event, I don't think there's any harm in trying. Worst case scenario, they say that your submission is denied and you don't get a free gift. It really doesn't hurt at all, in my opinion.
Oh I hear what your saying. I actually submitted the form either last night or early this morning. Just checked the status via the link provided in the email and it says it has been accepted and is being prepared for shipment. I chose the Gear vr this time. Don't have much use for a 256gb card. Last submission I chose the Gear fit 2. We'll I'm happy that it got approved.
8e309f9a724470133f609aa6ad591bd1.jpg

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip! I got to thinking about it last night and came to the same conclusion...worst case they say no. So I submitted and just checked. I've been approved. I chose the GearVR this time as I haven't even opened my sd card yet. I don't need more memory any time soon! I never wanted the Fit 2 though as I love my Withings Activite Steel. I hated having to remember to charge my tracker.

Upvote 0
but then again....who cares...we all got screwed with the original Note 7 purchase....right?
I disagree with the "we all got screwed" statement. APPHOLE screws their sheep!

I truly believe Samsung just made a poor business decision in acquiring a battery Manufacturer that tried to maximize profits by producing subpar batteries(which is just typical corporate greed to appease shareholders).

Personally, I think Samsung has also allowed itself to get caught up in a one-upmanship revolving door with APPHOLE and is trying to release it's phone earlier to get a jump on market share. This is a dangerous business model because Consumers like us are going to have higher expectations that their new models will release sooner and sooner each time. If this practice continues, it is very likely to result in poor quality control issues with an inferior end product. ALL of us cannot sit here and start saying "we got screwed"! WE ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!!

Hopefully, Samsung Mobile division has learned a lesson from this. Their other Consumer Technology divisions excel greatly with high quality products. I just saw one of their Fridges with the huge smart monitor on the front door that keeps an inventory of what's inside and a realtime photo view on your phone while shopping. That's innovation! I don't believe FRIDGE FORUM Members were ranting about it being released early. :D

Upvote 0
I agree in part, Top, that Samsung attempted to innovate and manufacture way too fast in order to beat the iPhone 7 to market. I disagree, however, with the opinion that we consumers, as a market force, are PUSHING Samsung to release their devices earlier and earlier while still packing new features and innovations into it. I, for one, am perfectly willing to wait a month or two. Samsung could have very easily waited and launched the Note 7 at IFA Berlin... but they didn't. Samsung - not us - wanted to beat Apple to market. They did: and they learned a very costly lesson.

Let's hope that the lessons are learned and we get a wonderful Note 8 experience.

Upvote 0
I'm figuring shipping will be in a couple weeks, just like the first promotion they had with the Note 7. I do remember that the microSD's shipped out faster than the Gear Fit, but who knows. In any event, I'm just happy that it says everything was approved and they are just awaiting shipment. In the meantime, that gives me time to set up my Note 7 fully, prior to moving the SIM card over. Even with all my preparations for the switch, it's still taking me much longer than I wanted to set the phone back up like I had it. Although, I have discovered some cool new things with Good Lock and for whatever reason, this Note 7's fingerprint scanner is way better than the 1st one I had. But, I still contend that my Mate 8 is much faster and more accurate than the Note 7.

Upvote 0
I disagree with the "we all got screwed" statement. APPHOLE screws their sheep!

I truly believe Samsung just made a poor business decision in acquiring a battery Manufacturer that tried to maximize profits by producing subpar batteries(which is just typical corporate greed to appease shareholders).

Personally, I think Samsung has also allowed itself to get caught up in a one-upmanship revolving door with APPHOLE and is trying to release it's phone earlier to get a jump on market share. This is a dangerous business model because Consumers like us are going to have higher expectations that their new models will release sooner and sooner each time. If this practice continues, it is very likely to result in poor quality control issues with an inferior end product. ALL of us cannot sit here and start saying "we got screwed"! WE ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!!

Hopefully, Samsung Mobile division has learned a lesson from this. Their other Consumer Technology divisions excel greatly with high quality products. I just saw one of their Fridges with the huge smart monitor on the front door that keeps an inventory of what's inside and a realtime photo view on your phone while shopping. That's innovation! I don't believe FRIDGE FORUM Members were ranting about it being released early. :D

You can say whatever you want.....bottom line is we consumers got screwed...it is a simple as that....I just want to buy a phone....it's that simple...sorry. Everything else that you mentioned is nothing more than Yada yada yada.....the customer just wants a phone...get it? Look, Me, myself, and I understand and agree with you, but, (I) just want a phone that works perfectly. Sorry, that's the way it is.

Upvote 0
That's actually one of the things I noticed with the Note7. It's not backwards compatible with older S-Pen's. I have a Bamboo Wacom stylus (specifically made for Samsung devices) that I've used with my Note 2/3 and 8/10.1 2k14 tablets. It didn't work with the Note7.

So, I'm re-visiting my post here. I was wrong. Old S-pens are backwards compatible!...LOL. It was my stupidity on this one. I forgot to turn off the setting that allows S-pen to be identified, when the one in the phone is connected. SO...I'm good to go with my old S-Pen's, including my Bluetooth S-Pen, which I was hoping to use at work.

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0
Your submission has been approved!
Your Samsung Gear VR will be sent to you at the mailing address provided when registering for this offer within 12 weeks. Once your gift has shipped, you will receive an email with your tracking number and additional redemption details.

Once you receive your Gear VR, your Oculus content bonus will be available as a digital download from the Oculus store. Please make sure to create an Oculus account and download your content before 11:59:59pm PT on 2/28/17 when the download expires.*

WOO HOO!

I guess we get some kind of content bonus, too? Probably a bunch of racing/shooting games, neither of which I use. I'd love to trade those out for Star Chart, which looks absolutely amazing :)

Reactions: major2112
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones