1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support receiving but not sending email

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cgceq, Jun 6, 2011.

1. cgceq

cgceq Lurker
    None

Jun 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I've been using the mail function on the Evo Shift to check my business email for over a week now. I am using the app that was on the phone - I have not downloaded any additional mail apps. Suddenly I can only receive, not send, email. The notification bar reads: "Unable to send mail."

I tried to change my outgoing port based upon 1 recommendation i read (not sure where I read it). When I did this, I received the following error message: "Cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account information. Your server is not responding."

I'm pretty sure my servers not actually down...

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    First off.. welcome to Android Forums. You should return to the setup section for your email. Run through the settings and it will check the incoming and outgoing settings. If it stumbles, your settings are wrong for your mail server. If you happen to have this mail run set up on your pc.. open it up and compare the settings to your phone's. They should be exactly the same. Good luck

3. cstone69

cstone69 Lurker
    None

Dec 11, 2011
    Did you ever getting it wroking. I had to turn the login piece off to even get it setup but I can only receive not send e-mails. Sprint has been no help.