1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Receiving individual texts as group mms

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Amatheus, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Amatheus

Amatheus Lurker
    None

Nov 2, 2017
    So I am having this really odd and annoying issue where occasionally I'll receive individual texts from people in a new MMS group thread with just myself and the other person in them.

It usually happens when I turn off my phone and receive a message upon powering it back up.

I like to have my text threads consolidated, and since there is no way I can find to delete/remove someone from an MMS or move the text to another conversation/text thread it clutters my list of conversation threads.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and know how to solve it, or even just have any ideas?

Advertisement

2. A bochur

A bochur Android Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2016
    Male
    So it comes as if the person created a separate group with just you and them?
    Any possibility that that's exactly what happens, that the person made a group by mistake?
    If someone writes a very long text message it automatically converts to an mms. Is that what might be happen happening here?
    Did you try a different texting app? Maybe yours is causing problems.

3. Amatheus

Amatheus Lurker
    None

Nov 2, 2017
    It's doing it with short messages as well, and I doubt that multiple people are going to the trouble to make a group mms when they could just use the existing thread. I'll try switching my default texting app and see if that helps.