1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

"Receiving message failed"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by opture, Sep 29, 2014.

1. opture

opture Lurker

hi, I am having problems receiving text messages. For the most part I receive messages just fine and some photos, but some randomly won't come through - I'm assuming they're mostly pics. :mad:

I am using Hello SMS but I've had the same problem with the stock messaging app and Hangouts. I get the error message from Hello SMS "Receiving Message Failed", and whenever I press the "Retry" button it never works. Oftentimes I get a text message perfectly fine, and along with it the error message.

I've tried multiple things; turning wifi off and on again, updating prl and profile and rebooting, factory reset...

I'm using Virgin Mobile. I tried calling them and they were unable to help, they said it was some kind of "outage" and that the problem would be fixed the next day, nothing has happened

ZAXIS likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. donjuro

donjuro Android Expert

Your photos sometimes download and sometimes don't? Where are you can't download photos?

3. opture

opture Lurker

this happens everywhere

4. donjuro

donjuro Android Expert

Hmm... I used to have a problem where in my hometown I couldn't download photos unless I updated my profile/prl, but worked fine everywhere else I went. My problem went away when I upgraded to zv4 and the new baseband. You could try clearing your carrier data and reactivating by dialing ##72786#

5. ZAXIS

ZAXIS Android Enthusiast

Been happening to me as well, usually when message is sent from iPhone, it gets stuck continuously downloading, this one has been downloading since 4pm

6. ZAXIS

ZAXIS Android Enthusiast

So I just let it keep downloading, and at 1am the message finally came through, and by the looks of it can see why it might have had trouble coming in [​IMG]

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews