1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Receiving messing while disconnected

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Adrii23x, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Adrii23x

Adrii23x Lurker

How can I receive my messages while my phone is disconnected? I don't have to text out but I want to receive them while it's disconnected .

2. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

Disconnected from what?

if your phone is completely disconnected from ANYTHING how are you expecting the messages to reach it?

(oh, and what sort of messages are your talking about?)

Hadron likes this.
  3. Adrii23x

Adrii23x Lurker

Because theres phones out there that are disconnected but yet can still receive text messages . But not send out

4. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

The Phones may be disconnect from Mobile Data, or WIFI, but they still need to be connected to the phone network for SMS to get on to them.

So... when you say disconnected, Disconnected from what?

(oh, and what sort of messages are your talking about?)

Hadron likes this.
  5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

There is no magic involved in phones: you have to have a connection to receive messages. If you think otherwise you have misunderstood something. What type of connection you need depends on what type of message (which is why you've been asked that twice already):

* If you are disconnected from both WiFi and mobile data services you cannot receive any Internet-based messaging (WhatsApp, Messenger, Telegraph etc).

* If you are disconnected from the cellular telephone network you cannot receive SMS.

* MMS require data connection, but it's often handled separately from your main Internet connection. Most likely if data is off you will be notified but unable to read the message, but it may vary with the network (I don't know anyone who actually uses MMS). If your cellular connection is completely off you cannot receive them.

Some types of message.may be deliverable to other devices if your phone is discontinued, others (SMS and WhatsApp for example) cannot be.

Of course a pre-paid phone that has run out of credit can still receive SMS (in sensible countries that don't charge to receive) but would be unable to send. But that phone is connected, it's just the lack of credit that stops sending.

psionandy likes this.
  6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

If you mean disconnected as in disconnected because you haven't paid your bills, it would depend on your carrier if they block only outgoing. My carrier is like that. If I forget to pay bills they only block outgoing but I can still receive messages.

ayyoubali60 and naomifaye37 like this.

Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime Forum

The Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime release date was September 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7870 Octa processor, and 3300mAh battery.

September 2016
Release Date
Reviews