• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Receiving MMS but not SMS

Afgwns

Lurker
Jan 31, 2018
I used this phone awhile ago but I got a new phone because this phone had touch screen issues but I realized that it now works fine, so afterwords I eventually switched back to this phone so it now has service. So when I switched, the lady at metro pcs just simply took the sd card off to get the details and that's all. So the phone was working well until I went out to the movie theater and apparently a friend was going to pick me up but she sent me a message about how she couldn't so I had to call someone else. I thought it was because I had no service so I shrugged it off but I began to realize my sister and mom sent me messages but I haven't received them, I did Google research and I did a reboot and even a factory wipe reset but it still does not work. I sent myself SMS messages and they don't send back, but if I send myself a MMS I receive them seconds later, I don't know what to do. I have reset , reboot , and just erased everything but it doesn't work. My last resort is to call metro and see if they can do anything, but before I do I was hoping any of you would be able to help. Please if you could help me , I really need to receive these messages because of work , family , friends. I was questioning if maybe it's because the SIM card but I'm not entirely sure. Everything else works fine, I can call and I can receive messages as well as I can send messages, but just not receiving them. Please if you are willing to help it would be greatly appreciated.

My wife also has this phone, prepaid TracFone, and they can NOT get MMS working.
They say everything is good on their end, that the AMI (I cant remember what everyone said they had to get right, but it was Asomething), and she can recieve a SINGLE text, but not group texts.
Also, she can not get any picture texts (she had no MOBILE DATA paid for, but she is on our WIFI, which 'should' work but doesnt).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones