• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Receiving MMS messages on 3UK

deanshep85

Android Expert
Nov 22, 2010
UK
ok this is REALLY starting to get my blood boiling...I've tried a whole host of well....3 different settings for the APN for the bloody thing on 3 and NONE of them bloody let me receive mms but will let me send..

is there any other 3 users here who CAN receive?

and before someone says it...yes I've spoken to 3..hell they sent me settings and they are EXACTLY the same as im finding also on their forum...and even on here...though it was regarding a hero not a desire but the settings section is identical anyway...

I just use WhatsApp now, cheaper cos it comes off your data and it works!

I can't really see that working...because if the core settings for MMS don't work...then how would you receive mms? not unless where you mention *comes off your data* really means its downloaded through a seperate entity more akin to sending something through say MSN...then that really defeats the whole point of using MMS....

Upvote 0
see, some of the folks who send me things are often on feature phones an whatnot...I had toyed with the idea of using an IM program like ping to send pics to people I know an vice versa..BUT it still doesn't solve my problem though...

anyway else got any ideas bout the CORRECT 3 mms settings?

Upvote 0
Ok, I'm on 3 and can send/receive MMS just fine. Here's my APN settings

Name: 3
APN: three.co.uk
Proxy: <Not set>
Port: <Not set>
Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>
Server: <Not set>
MMSC: http://mms.um.three.co.uk:10021/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mms.three.co.uk
MMS Port: 8799
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MMC: 234
MNC: 20
Authentication type: <Not set>
APN type: *

Hope this helps

I've bolded an extra setting that I also have. If this is missing from yours too then maybe that's the problem?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones