• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Receiving multiples of same email messages from Hotmail

Cyndih70

Lurker
Oct 1, 2012
My husbands phone has started receiving the same email messages, over and over and over, from Hotmail. As soon you delete them from the email application, Hotmail sends them again. i've tried logging into his hotmail.com account and ensuring that the email messages were all marked as read and they are. Ive deleted the account, rebooted, reinstalled and rebooted again. Still doing it. Any suggestions??

Are you using the stock email app, downloaded "Hotmail" app from the Play Store (developer is microsoft + SEVEN) or another app like moxier?

If stock app, did you add the account as a:
- "Windows Live Hotmail" account; or
- "Corporate Sync" account; or
- "E-mail" account

My recommendation is to try the stock app but set up your Hormail as a "Corporate Sync" account with the following settings:
Username: ***@hotmail.com ; where *** is your email address
Password = *** ; where *** is your password
Check the boxes you wish to sync = "Email" being the most obvious and the other two (Calendar, Contacts) depending on your need
Email address: ***@hotmail.com ; where *** is your email address
Server: m.hotmail.com
Account name: *** ; where *** is any name you want to give it (e.g. Hotmail)

When I tried using the stock app but added my Hotmail as a "Windows Live Hotmail" account, I had the same problem you described.

I downloaded the official Hotmail app from the Play Store (developer Microsoft + SEVEN) and that worked pretty well but I liked the clean look of the stock app, so I uninstalled it.

I also tried moxier which was added to the phone during the last update but I also did not like the look of the app, so I removed the account and went back to stock app for Hotmail using "Corporate Sync". That is the key, do NOT set up your Hotmail as a "Windows Live Hotmail" account. Yes, sounds dumb ... but it works.

Try the stock email app and settings I provided above and let me know if it works for you :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones