• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Receiving only half the text message?

Andyg88

Lurker
Jan 5, 2012
I just got my samsung galaxy and ever since i got it if somebody sends me a long text it will have 2/2 in the corner and i will get only the last part of the text. I never receive the first part (1/2) of the text so i have no idea what they are talking about. Is there a way to fix it?

Drives me insane as well...Probably for the past 6 months. Doesn't seem to matter how long or short the text is. Typically they are texts from iPhones. I can receive complete long texts from an iPhone that is covered by Bell. I will get the 02/02 from shorter texts from iPhones covered by Telus. Makes no sense cuz don't Bell and Telus share the same towers?
Have encountered lots of other annoying things about the phone...ie: hitting the "back" button doesn't always work. Needed me to "reset" because the battery was taking forever to charge and then only lasting about 4 hours with no major battery sucking things running. Phone would get unbelievably hot. Having to constantly back up data to upgrade firmware etc. Very frustrating to say the least.
When my contract runs out, I will seriously be looking at other options. Not impressed with Samsung at all.

Upvote 0
Ya I'm looking for answers also... I am with Bell and it seems that the text messages I receive from Telus iPhone users only come in part way... they often say message 01/02 or 02/02 but I only get the one text and it is either cut off and it seems pieced together and just doesn't make sense. It's bizarre.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones