1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Receiving pictures from Windows Phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KridikJones, Jan 29, 2014.

1. KridikJones

KridikJones Lurker
    None

Jan 29, 2014
    Hello, I have an issue with receiving pictures from a friend with a Windows Phone.

What happens is I get the message, and instead of the picture I get some kind of error picture/icon.

But if I save the attachment, it shows up in the thumbnails of the downloads and looks like it should.

But when I open it, the picture flashes for a second or two, then changes to a broken picture icon.

I tried changing to manual downloads, so the picture does not automatically download - I have mobile data on, ect. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I have pictures, but "As a new user you cannot yet post links or images. This is an anti-spam measure, we apologize for any inconvenience."

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    If he's sending pictures as text attachments, all he's sending is a link to the picture file, which is saved on his carrier's MMS server. There may some problem with that server, or some basic incompatibility between Windows and Android phones. (There's a known problem between iPhones and Android phones.) Or the pictures could be too large.

Have him attach the pictures to emails instead and you shouldn't have any problem.