1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Receiving SMS ahead in time...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by c0nde, May 10, 2010.

1. c0nde

c0nde Member

May 7, 2010
    Software Developer
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Hi,

I noticed a problem that started happening yesterday. I'm not sure if this is a problem form the Legend or network or anything else.

I'm receiving SMS 1 or 2 minutes ahead in time... so when I reply... my SMS response will show up in the wrong place in the threaded conversation (above the SMS I responded).

Has anyone experienced this problem?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Jacev1

Jacev1 New Member

May 29, 2010
    I'm having a problem similar, except that all my received messages are actually 4 hours behind in time, making it really difficult to read messages in a threaded view. I've been looking around but still so far unable to find a solution to fix this T__T

3. anandroiduser

anandroiduser Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Do you have a sim-free phone? Or network branded? Where are you also? Got your phone from same location/country as you're using it in?

All these questions assume that you've already double checked that all your phone time setting are correct.

4. Jacev1

Jacev1 New Member

May 29, 2010
    I'm using a sim card; and I'm not network-branded (which makes it hard for me to get proper customer service -.-).

I originally bought the phone in Asia and then went back to Canada with it. After looking on my phone again, my time zone is Eastern Daylight, which results in GMT -4hr, and so when I changed my time zone to Casablanca the received messages would be the correct time.

However, if I kept the time zone in Casablanca my twitter and facebook think it updated -14400 seconds (ie. 4 hours ago).. so I'm looking to see if there's another possible solution.

When I was still using it in Asia the time stamp was correct, however.

5. Jacev1

Jacev1 New Member

May 29, 2010
    Oh, have you tried to change the time of your phone to a minute ahead so it's "caught up"? I found that when I was playing with times, even if I was just a minute off on the time setting it would turn out wonky on my friend stream and sms.

6. adi19956

adi19956 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    College
    Hampshire, UK
    try a factory reset? or different messaging apps?

7. c0nde

c0nde Member

May 7, 2010
    Software Developer
    Lisbon, Portugal
    I tried different messaging apps, but it did nothing. After a few days the problem just stopped... I've been receiving SMS with correct timestamp for weeks now.

Thanks

Tags: